Roofing Maintenance Services
The house is the place where you can relax after a hard day at work, enjoy the warmth and comfort and feel completely safe. My home is my castle.
One of the main parts of a house, which provides reliable protection is its roof. But you are unlikely to feel confident in safety if you are absolutely not aware of its condition. Without any doubt, it is much favorably to pay 10 minutes each spring to a general inspection and to eliminate minor incompleteness than to be caught off guard by a serious problem with the roof leakage at the most inconvenient moment and spend on its solution from several days to several weeks.
What should I look for by a preventative roofing maintenance?
If you are one of those house owners who love order and control at their homes, you know that maintaining a working condition of the roof is much easier and cheaper than repairing or replacing it. Below we present a check-list of small problems, which you need to pay attention to with regular inspection.
1. Shingle missing or damaged. This is an obvious sign of wear and tear. To replace a pair of pieces will not be difficult for any master, but having done this, you will be sure that a timely fixing will not allow to enhance the situation and cause more substantial damage to your home.
2. Mold and moss. The appearance of mold and moss occurs due to excessive moisture. This problem can be both visible on the outer surfaces of the roof, and hiding inside its structure. The affection of the roof areas with moss and mold can shorten the lifespan of the materials, therefore it is advisable not to ignore even the slightest signs of this problem.
3. Metal rust and rotting of wooden elements. This problem does not arise unexpectedly but is a consequence of the time influence. Over the long years of service, even high-quality metal and wooden surfaces wear out and start to rot. In order not to worry about how to stop the roof leaking caused by rust and rot, it is better not to wait until the situation becomes critical, and regularly eliminate their small signs.
4. Cracks, chips, dents. These defects can be both of explicitly visible sizes, and microscopic, which can be defined only by specialists that do it with the help of an infrared light camera. However, both can carry hidden risks – from roof leaking to accumulation of excess moisture and damage of the material.
5. Clogging of the gutters. When the rainwater canals are clogged with debris, this leads to the accumulation of water on the roofing and an increased load on it. Eliminating such stagnant phenomena very often even does not require any replacement of parts or their repair, but simply timely roof maintenance.
All these problems and many others can be easily fixed if you reveal them in time. You can do it by yourself or apply for a professional assistance of a roofing company. The second variant is more worthy because work at height can be unsafe and not so productive for untrained people. Choosing the experts service, you become guaranteed safety of yourself and your house.